Powered by Blogger.

MADE IT!

 Saturday, August 13, 2011

Well, I did it. I'm in Abu Dhabi. It hasn't completely sunk in that I'm on the other side of the world for the next 2 years (not counting vacations). The flight was long, but not bad. The movies helped. I was able to watch like 5 movies. I slept, but it was uncomfortable, so I didn't sleep for too long. My neck is hurting cos of how I was sleeping. It was sooo comforting to see all the teachers at the airport. It felt good to know that I wasn't alone in this venture. I look forward to getting to know my new coworkers.

When we got off the plane, we were given our visas and an ADEC teacher lanyard.


Then, we got our eyes scanned, passports stamped, and we were good to go. One of my luggage (the one with my clothes) wasn't there when I went to get it. What a way to start off my adventure, right? But the good thing was that it was put on the later flight. I was able to pick it up at the hotel's front desk this morning.

Speaking of hotel, mine is amazing. The Fairmont Abu Dhabi is where I'm at. ADEC did it up big with the teachers. All groups are staying at 5-star hotels. Cool, huh? If I don't get my apartment assignment early like other people, I will NOT complain. This is awesome.

My hotel room

OMG! This bed is soooo comfortable!

I LOVE this bathroom! It's separated into 3 sections (sink/mirrors; toilet; bathtub/shower)

This is the view from my window! GORGEOUS!
We have our registration/orientation tomorrow. Can't wait. This is gonna be an interesting adventure!

2 comments:

Karen Strong August 13, 2011 at 6:47 AM  

So glad you made it safely! And that hotel room needs to be in my life.

Can't wait to hear more about your adventure. Sounds like a very exciting time. :)

Unknown August 14, 2011 at 2:50 AM  

Thanks, Karen. I'm in love with my hotel room, lol. And the view...breathtaking!

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP