Powered by Blogger.

Friday Fragments: Episode #1

 Friday, September 9, 2011


Friday Fragments is hosted by "Mrs. Fours" at Half Past Kissin Time. Wanna join in on the fun? Check it out here. Basically, you take bits and pieces of your week and list them on your blog. The bits and pieces would each be too small for a regular blog post, but put together, they make Friday Fragments.

So, on to my Friday Fragments...

* Obama is well-liked here in Abu Dhabi. I'd venture to say they love him. Sometimes, when replying that I'm from America, the first thing they'd say is, "Oooh! Obama! He's a good man. I like Obama."

* There are no street names here which makes getting around kinda hard for a newbie. It's all about landmarks. Now, what happens if the landmark is taken down, I have NO idea.

* Driving here is gonna be a challenge. Besides the fact that they have no street names, they have these roundabouts that seem impossible to figure out. And then, some of the people here drive absolutely CRAZY. Really. I've rode in taxis where we had to hold on for dear life. And we've had several close calls.

* They like speed bumps. They're everywhere. Seriously. No exaggeration. I mean, I understand being about safety and all, but EVERYWHERE?

* I have keys for everything in my apartment. Every room has a key. Even my living room and kitchen. So weird. My fridge has a key, my nightstands, dresser, vanity, and wardrobe (like a moveable closet) all have keys.

* The outside of my windows are dirty. I'd clean them, but alas, I can't. Not unless I wanna fall nine stories to my death. Nope. Windows will stay dirty. I wonder if they'll have window cleaners. Hmm...


Well, that's it for my first Friday Fragments.

5 comments:

NiaRaie September 9, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Wow, you have keys for all of that? Cool and different yet...probably annoying, or great if you need to keep stuff locked up. And as far as no street names, I can't remember those anyway. And they say women use landmarks anyway right? So I might do better with those. Glad to know you're having fun!

Unknown September 10, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

Yes, it can get very annoying. I forgot to mention that I have at least 2 of every key. Lol. But I don't carry them all around, tho. And as far as the street names, it can get a little difficult telling the taxi drivers where you're trying to go if it's not a majorly known place.

Doreen September 11, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

My brother spends time over there photographing a race...
He told me they are crazy drivers and said everything locks because there is soooo much money there!
I am a new visitor and follower via Friday Fragments..

Mrs4444 September 11, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

These fragments are very interesting; I learned a lot! What brings you to AbuDahbi?

Unknown September 13, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

@ Doreen, Thanks for following! Welcome. There is ALOT of money here.

@ Mrs4444, Thank you. I'm over here for 2 years to teach. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP