Powered by Blogger.

And the saga continues...

 Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Contract is here. I'm nervous. What will it say? Better yet, how much will I make? I open the email and print out the contract - which, by the way is in both English and Arabic. That's how much I'll be making a month? SWEET! I mean, I'd more than likely be making the same amount here in the states, but unlike here, I wouldn't have taxes coming out...no medical either. Basically, what I see is what I'll get. Add to that the fact that ADEC pays for housing and utility bills are usually under $100 and I've got a pretty fat check every month. Niiice!

Gotta view a webinar tomorrow before signing cos they'll explain the contract in more detail.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Webinar over, now I'm ready. Or am I? I hesitate. This move is becoming more and more real. I'd be leaving my family. I'd be LEAVING MY FAMILY! Oh gosh! I don't think I can do it. My family is my rock. I've never, in my almost 35 years, been this far from them. Part of me wants to cling to them and scream, "No! I don't wanna go!" Yet, another part wants to let go so I can fly.

I don't have to sign the contract. I can tell ADEC thanks, but no thanks, then walk away. With Daddy's mild stroke a few weeks ago, maybe I should. It would hurt my heart dearly if I went overseas and God forbid, something were to happen to him. But even now as I think that another thought crosses my mind: my dad would not be happy if I passed up this opportunity. I mean he'd rather me be here in the states - in Houston - but he'd want me to follow my heart...and God.

So, what does my heart - more importantly, God - say?

Monday, May 30, 2011

Both God and my heart say go, so I'm going. I've signed and emailed my contract, so it's official. I'm feeling about a bazillion emotions, but surprisingly, fear isn't one of them. I say "surprisingly" cos I've let fear keep me from doing so many things in the past. Honestly, I let it hold me captive cos it was safe. If I didn't venture out I wouldn't get hurt. But I'm tired of allowing fear to control me. Makes for a boring life. Don't get me wrong, life has been pretty good to me, besides some bumps here or there. It's just been...blah.

Earlier this year, I asked God for an adventure in Him...an adventure that'll bring me closer to Him. And I think it's safe to say moving to Abu Dhabi will definitely be an adventure.

4 comments:

Traci Marie Wolf July 10, 2011 at 1:06 AM  

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Like I said before, I can't wait to follow you on your adventure.

Unknown July 10, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

Thanks, Traci. I can't wait to blog/vlog about and take pics of my adventure.

Unknown July 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

If you didnt go, trust me, you would regret it for the rest of your life. Even if it turns out to sort of a disaster at the other end (which I doubt), it will be an experience you will always look back on. You will always have stories to tell your friends, family, children, grand children.....

Be sure to keep a journal, and take LOTS of pics.

Your family will always be there. The experience will not. So glad you are DOING IT!!! HORRAY!!!

Sig

Unknown July 15, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

I agree, Sig. I'm ok with leaving my family now, especially since I'll be visiting during Christmas and summer. And there will be pics. :)

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP