Powered by Blogger.

Almost At the Finish Line!

 Thursday, May 10, 2012


I've been in Abu Dhabi for nine months already! Time flies, doesn't it? This school year is almost over, thank God! It hasn't been a horrible year, but it certainly hasn't been easy. I'm glad it's about to be over. I'll be glad when I can reflect on the things I'd like to do differently for next school year.


The past few weeks have been kind of crazy at work cos of evaluations and portfolios. Let me just say that this is one of the things I seriously dislike about teaching: evaluations, portfolios, paperwork/data. Can't stand it...takes the fun out of teaching. Sometimes, I wish I could just...teach, but whatever. There's no escaping it, no matter where I go. Anyway, I did better that I thought I would, but of course, I wish I could've done better (yes, I'm an overachiever). But oh well. I am SO glad I am finished with the process. I can breathe easy and move on.


As much as I like living here, I know this is only temporary. I'm meant to be my own boss. My prayer is that, by the time I leave here, I'd be ready - or at least almost ready - to start my business along with my writing career. For that to happen, I've got to work my butt off while I'm here in Abu Dhabi to get things in motion. I'll either be here til summer next year or summer 2014. It all depends on where I'm at with my business/writing. I still have time to make up my mind, tho.

In other news, I FINALLY got henna done. I went Tuesday with a friend and I must say, I like it.
Right hand
Right hand
Left hand
Left hand


 Quite detailed, no?


6 comments:

Arr May 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM  

I really like your henna. How long does it last?

What level do you teach? Girl or boys? I've heard about the behavior challenges. I've worked directly with data for the last couple of years...it's not a fun thing to say the least.

Unknown May 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM  

Thanks, Reginia! It lasts about 7-10 days. I teach KG1 (3-4 year olds). The girls and boys don't separate until the 1st grade, so I have both. And yes, there are behavior challenges, even with the small ones. I think the biggest challenges are with the upper elementary (4th & 5th grade) boys. And no, data is definitely NOT fun. Lol.

Liwi May 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

That's probably the prettiest henna I've seen! Time does fly, so it's good to look back on your achievements every once in a while instead of just moving on!

Unknown May 12, 2012 at 5:10 AM  

Thank you, Liwi! I love my design. I am looking back at my achievements, but I do plan to move on to make more achievements. :D

J.L. Campbell June 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

The question I was going to ask about the henna was answered in the comments. That pretty cool. And to be teaching so far away from home, that's pretty cool too.

Unknown June 2, 2012 at 4:00 AM  

Thanks for commenting! Yes, it's pretty cool. The distance is hard sometimes, but it's pretty cool. :D

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP