Powered by Blogger.

The End is Near

 Friday, July 6, 2012

That's right. The end is near. The end of the school year, that is.

The students stopped coming about 3 weeks ago, but teachers have to stay til July 12th. Many teachers have spent these last few weeks doing absolutely nothing. Some have been sitting around talking to their coworkers. Others filled their days with dancing, working out, eating, etc. My school? We've been spending these last few weeks WORKING.

I know. Lucky us, right?

Our principal has been working us pretty hard, getting ready for the next school year. We've been in PDs (professional development) since forever. I envy the teachers who've chilled. But, when September comes, we'll be the ones relaxing and not stressing while everyone else is working extra hard.

I hope.

We have one more week left. Honestly, my mind went on vacation mode about a week ago. Physically, I'm at the PDs, but mentally, I've already started my summer break. I don't have anymore left to give for this school year. My energy is gone. I'm done. I don't think I'm the only one at work who feels this way. And I think my principal notices. Or at least I hope she does. Thankfully, this last week is supposed to be an easy week.

Speaking of vacation, this may turn out to be the best summer so far. I'm going to Thailand for a week, then to the States to be with my family, whom I miss soooo much, and later, my sis and I will be in San Juan, Puerto Rico for a week. See why I can't wait to get this party started?

Last week in Dubai, I went to my 3rd concert since moving to AD. In October, it was Janet; December, it was Sade; June, it was Pitbull. This was my first (definitely not my last) Pitbull concert. I am a big Pitbull fan, especially his voice. I LOVE Pitbull's voice. *swoon*

Anyway, while waiting (forever, it seemed) they had a winner of some reality competition come perform. I don't remember her name, but then, she wasn't memorable. I don't understand why they had her, but whatever.

Karl Wolf, who was born in Lebanon, raised in Dubai, and resides in Canada, opened up for Pitbull. I'd heard of Karl Wolf before but this was my first time seeing him live. I loved his performance. I'm definitely a fan now.

Pitbull was an hour and a half late. So not cool. To be honest, I would've left had I not purchased fan pit tickets (where we got to stand close to the stage). But I wanted to get my money's worth, so I stayed. I am so glad I did. Pitbull made up for his tardiness. His performance was AWESOME! And boy oh boy that man is HOT. I've always thought he was cute and his voice was sexy, but seeing - and hearing - him in person has cemented it...Pitbull is one sexy man. The fact that I was right there by the stage made the concert even better! I'll definitely be going to another Pitbull concert in the future. Next up...Jennifer Lopez in November. Can't wait!

I've been to more concerts in less than one year than I've been in the last 15 years! Thank you, UAE!

KARL WOLF

PITBULL

 
Wanted him to take off those darn glasses so we could see his pretty eyes, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

1 comments:

Unknown August 20, 2012 at 10:50 AM  

Evon, he sure is. So glad the way he looks live matches the way he looks in videos, tv, etc. Lol.

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP