Powered by Blogger.

D is for...Dubai

 Saturday, April 7, 2012

D is for Dubai


Dubai is not only the name of an emirate in the UAE, but it's also the name of a city in the emirate. Dubai has the largest population and the second largest land territory in all of UAE. Let me just say that, while I love Abu Dhabi, I LOVE Dubai. I guess cos it reminds me more of the US than Abu Dhabi. Parts of Dubai looks like a big, busy US city. Dubai is home to several cool buildings and designs.


Atlantis, The Palm


Burj Al Arab - one of the world's most luxurious hotels


Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world, featured in Mission Impossible 4


The Palm - a set of islands in the shape of a palm tree

The World - a set of islands in the shape of the world; still under construction
This is what it'll look like when completed!
And now for Arabic vocabulary...

dub - bear

3 comments:

Mel April 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM  

Those islands are so cool! One day I plan on taking a trip to the Middle East. This just reinforces that desire. Thanks :)

Unknown April 8, 2012 at 6:22 AM  

I know right! Might I recommend the UAE? I haven't visited the other emirates, but Abu Dhabi and Dubai are all kinds of awesome! :D

Andrew Leon April 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

Those are some amazing buildings!

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP