Powered by Blogger.

N is for...No Car

 Monday, April 16, 2012

I do plan on visiting other blogs and commenting. I just haven't had the time or the energy. But I will soon.


N is for...No Car

I miss driving. I didn't think I'd ever miss it this much, but I do.

Before moving to Abu Dhabi, I sold my car, an electric green 1999 Ford Mustang. She was my baby. I absolutely LOVED my car; had a hard time with the decision to sell her. She was the first car I'd bought myself. I loved her cos she was a 'Stang, but even more so cos there weren't too many cars on the road her color. That was the main reason why I chose that specific color. I don't have a pic of my baby with me, but she was similar to this car...


Anyway, I sold her cos she was sick. It would've cost me more to keep her. And a mechanic was interested in paying more than I thought I'd get, so there you have it.

I have not bought a car here in Abu Dhabi, nor do I plan to. But I do plan on renting one sometime soon. Taxis are cool, but after awhile, you want to be able to go places without having to count on taxis or other people. And like I said. I miss driving. I'll have a car one day soon. Until then, I'll let other people navigate through the madness of Abu Dhabi streets. The driving here...crazy. I don't look forward to dealing with that.

And now for some Arabic vocabulary...

na'am - yes

5 comments:

smug princess April 16, 2012 at 9:32 PM  

When I moved to Hawaii I sold my car and I didn't drive for over a year. My hubby had a stick-shift car so I had to learn to drive that or not drive at all. I did eventually learn, but he had to drive it to work so I rarely drove. When we moved back to the mainland US we bought a car for me. Omgosh it's amazing to have my own car again. I can go get groceries when it suits me, not when I happen to have access to the car. And it's nice to be able to go out and just grab a quick drink or food. Definitely rent a car and enjoy your surroundings for a day or two. =]

Mel April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM  

When I lived in Europe I relied solely on public transportation. Luckily I was in cities that had great systems, but it was never as much fun when you wanted to go somewhere obscure and the bus/street car/subway didn't go there. I feel your pain :)

Unknown April 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM  

Lindsey, I rented a car for a few days when my mom came to visit and I LOVED it. I plan on renting again, but for the time I'm here (as opposed to a few days).

Mel, they have buses here, I just don't have the patience for them. Taxis cost more, but they get me where I need to go faster.

Andrew Leon April 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

We went without a car for a while (the previous having blown up), and, other than the gorcery issue, I rather liked it.

Unknown April 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

Andrew, it's cool for awhile. But after a while, it gets old. Sometimes.

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP