Powered by Blogger.

U/V is for...Ultimate Vacation

 Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yes, I'm cheating. This week has been draining, I had no energy to blog, and now I'm behind. To catch up, I'm putting a few letters together. Mafi mushkila, right? BTW, "mafi mushkila" means "no problem" in Arabic.


On to my post...


This past spring break, I was blessed to be able to visit one of the top countries on my "must visit" list: Morocco. As you can tell from my M post that I LOVED Morocco. But, as much as I loved it, Morocco is not my top place. No, my loves. That honor is held by Puerto Rico. I've never been, so I can't explain why it has such a hold on me. I just know I've always wanted to go since high school. 


My original introduction to Puerto Rico happened during my Senior year of high school. Was it through pictures? No. Was it through history? No. It was through a gorgeous Puerto Rican boy. I can't remember where I met him. I don't even remember his name. All I remember is that fact that he was FINE. Man, that boy was gorgeous! Then along came celebrities like Jon Seda, Ricky Martin (as an adult), and eventually, my crush, Adam Rodriguez, and like that, I knew I had to go to Puerto Rico. So yes. I admit it. I originally wanted to go cos of the gorgeous Puerto Rican men. But eventually, I looked up pics of PR and became even more determined. I mean, come on. You can't tell me this is not beautiful.



Photo courtesy Puerto Rico Vacation Rentals
Or this...
Photo courtesy San Juan Vacations
Paradise, no?


So, you're probably wondering what does this have to do with Abu Dhabi? Well, it's cos of my job here in Abu Dhabi and the good money it pays, that I can finally say after 18 years (Eep! I've been out of high school that long?) I AM GOING TO PUERTO RICO! Yep. That's right. This August, I will spend a blessed week - or week and a half - on the beautiful beaches of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Resting, relaxing, flirting, dancing, enjoying the wonderful view of gorgeous Puerto Rican men beaches, surrounded by beautiful cabana boys water, listening to the soothing sounds of sexy men telling me how beautiful I am and how much they love me the waves crashing. Heehee. This, my friends, is my ultimate vacation!


And now for some Arabic vocabulary...
up: foak (fōk)
vegetables: khudra (khoodra...kh sound from the throat, as if you were about to spit)


3 comments:

Bonnie April 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM  

My obsessive vacation dream spot: The Galapagos Islands. Someday...

Mel April 27, 2012 at 1:31 PM  

Yay!!!! Dreams really do come true ;)

Unknown April 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM  

@ Bonnie, Oooh! Good choice! :D
@ Mel, LOL! Yes, they do. :D

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP