Powered by Blogger.

I is for...I Love My Life!

 Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I love my life!


Really I do. I mean, sure there are a few things I'd add, like a husband, children, and a successful writing career/business. And yes, there are things I'd get rid of, like pesky student loans and these unwanted pounds, but overall? I. Love. My. Life.


I am so blessed. Even without this Abu Dhabi experience. God has been so good to me my whole life. BUT, I'll just concentrate on my recent experience. I feel I need to remind you that this time last year, I was seriously struggling financially. I'd been subbing, which started out paying pretty good, but ended up not being enough to pay bills. I'd applied to several jobs, got close to being hired, then for some reason, I didn't get the jobs. Talk about heartbreak. I'd seriously thought something was wrong with me. Why am I not getting hired? Am I missing something? These questions and more went through my mind. And then came the opportunity to teach in Abu Dhabi, an opportunity that I was only seconds away from ignoring when I heard a still small voice say, "Go for it."


I won't go through the story again. You can read the posts here and here. Needless to say, I got the job and now I'm here in Abu Dhabi, having the time of my life. Yes, I've experienced challenges. Yes, I've felt like going back home at times, but God has been with me every step of the way, pushing me, keeping me from giving up. He's been giving me the strength I need. And overall, the experience have been a good one.


And let me not forget the fact that I have an awesome and supportive circle of family, friends, and church family. While I'm here, on the other side of the world, they are back home praying for me, encouraging me, and following my goings-on. The funny thing is, some of them have told me that they're living through me. ME! Never thought I'd hear someone tell me they'd be living life vicariously through me. It still boggles my mind. I love my support.


God will eventually add the husband, children, and successful writing career/business. I'll eventually get rid of the loans and the unwanted poundage. But other than that, I wouldn't trade my life for anything!


And now for some Arabic vocabulary...


ismee - my name is... (although some say it's esmee, guess it depends on where you are).

10 comments:

smug princess April 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM  

It's nice to read about people loving their lives instead of all the FMLs out there. Good for you. I have all those college loans and stuff like that, but I love my life, too. Yay for us.

Liwi April 11, 2012 at 1:59 PM  

What a wonderful post! :)

MOV April 11, 2012 at 2:15 PM  

very cheery and uplifiting post! it's like eating the last piece of candy and realizing there are still *two* more of your favorite kind in the box! YAY.

can't wait to read more!

best,
MOV
http://mothersofbrothersblog.blogspot.com

Mel April 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM  

Great post! As someone who has moved across the world (alone) twice, I completely understand where you're coming from.

Arr April 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM  

This is an awesome post! I hope we'll have the chance to meet once I get there. You have a very kind spirit.

Unknown April 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM  

Thanks everyone!

Mel, I too am alone. I think that was the scariest part for me. I've always been around my family & now, they're thousands of miles away.

Dr. Reginia, thank you. I hope we get to meet, too.

Grammy April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM  

May God continue to bless and keep you. Thank you for the post today! Just keep believing and working. Best regards to you. Ruby

Andrew Leon April 12, 2012 at 12:59 PM  

That is pretty incredible.

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP