Powered by Blogger.

B is for...

 Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Beaches!


One of the things that sold me on moving to Abu Dhabi is the fact that it is an island, which means it's surrounded by water, which means...BEACHES! I am such a beach bum. I love the sound of the waves, the feel of sand under my feet. I love all things beachy (except the heat...can't stand the heat). I'm from Houston, where the closest beach is Galveston. Now, I love Galveston, but the water there leaves something to be desired. It's not the blue/green/turquoise color you see on pictures or movies. But here in Abu Dhabi? Here in Abu Dhabi, the water is gorgeous! Take a look for yourself...



Gorgeous, right? And the best thing is, Abu Dhabi is surrounded by beaches. I'm just minutes away from several beaches. Absolute paradise!

And now for more Arabic vocabulary...

B is for Bunee

Bunee (boo - nee) = brown

11 comments:

Christie Wright Wild April 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM  

Diva, indeed! TWO blogs?! AND you TEACH? Wow! How do you find the time? "Bunee" What a fun word, and a beautiful city and beach!

Mel April 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM  

I am also a beach love who dislikes the heat! Abu Dhabi looks beautiful...and toasty. I look forward to the rest of your posts :)

NiaRaie April 2, 2012 at 2:39 PM  

Glad you're enjoying your stay. Gah that beach is beautiful!

Unknown April 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM  

Thanks for commenting! The beaches here are gorgeous. I love it. Abu Dhabi is a beautiful place, but boy that heat! It gets sooo hot. Bleh! :D

Unknown April 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM  

Christie, I'm not really sure how I find the time & energy. Lol. And I love the way my students say "bunee". Too cute!

MOV April 2, 2012 at 6:58 PM  

great post! found you on a to z challenge. looking forward to reading more!

best,
MOV

Andrew Leon April 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM  

I'm not much of a beach person, especially the cold beaches around here. (SF bay area)

Amanda Trought April 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM  

The beaches do indeed look lovely, could do with some sand beneath my toes at the moment, its quite chilly here in the UK, looking forward to reading your posts. Stay blessed Amanda

Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog

Unknown April 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM  

Thanks for commenting!

Andrew, it gets hot in AD; VERY hot, so no cold beaches here.

Amanda, I love the beaches here.

J.L. Campbell April 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM  

Abu Dhabi sounds like a fascinating place.

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP