Powered by Blogger.

S is for...Skype and Salsa

 Saturday, April 21, 2012

Thank God for Skype! I don't think I would've been able to live so far away from my family without being able to see them. It's so awesome how I can talk to my family and friends on the computer, while being on opposite sides of the world. I won't be surprised if, sometime in the future, we'll be skyping with holographic images of our loved ones. It will be them, but...not.




I've been taking Salsa classes since November. Yes, I know. Salsa dancing in a Middle Eastern country? But they do have Salsa nights. I've always loved to dance and was excited when I found out that a fellow teacher offered classes. The moves are getting more difficult now that I'm in the advanced class. I'm still not quite confident in my abilities, but I'll get there. I'd promised my little sister that I'd work on my salsa so, when I go back to the States, I'd go with her to Salsa clubs. My sister? Oh, she's a Salsa queen. I want to be like her when I grow up. Heehee.


And now for some Arabic vocabulary...


shokran (shoo - krahn) - thank you
sitta - six
sab'aa - seven

4 comments:

Arr April 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM  

I am loving these words. Are you in AA? I want in on the salsa lessons. I have get to get Skype downloaded on my mom's computer so she will be up and ready when I leave.

Unknown April 21, 2012 at 8:48 AM  

I'm in Abu Dhabi, about an hour away from Al Ain. Is that where you're going to be?

Jenny April 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM  

I've never tried salsa dancing...but I love spicy salsa and chips!

Unknown April 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

LOL! You should try the dance sometime. :D

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP