Powered by Blogger.

G is for...Garretts Popcorn

 Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ok, so I know Garretts Popcorn isn't an Abu Dhabi thing, but it is apart of my Abu Dhabi experience. Let me explain. 


Garretts happens to be the BESTEST popcorn in the whole wide world. It's Chicago-style popcorn.


Best. Popcorn. Ever.


I was born in Chicago and lived there til a few months before my eighth birthday. I still have family in Chicago. Whenever the Houston family go back home to Chicago, what is one of the places we absolutely MUST visit? Why, the Garretts Popcorn shop, of course. If we came back to Houston without Garretts, the rest of the fam would not be happy.


Oh how I love the yummylisciousness of the Chicago Mix. Side Note: I know I've made up a new word in "yummylisciousness" but I'm a writer, so I can do that...call it poetic license if you must. Anyway, the Chicago Mix is Caramel Crisp popcorn mixed with Cheese Popcorn. The sweet flavor of caramel mixed with the cheesy flavor of cheese...YUM! 


Chicago Mix
 And, since I have a sweet tooth, I can eat the Caramel Crisp all by itself.


Caramel Crisp
So, what does this have to do with my Abu Dhabi experience? There are not one, but TWO Garretts Popcorn shops in Dubai, both located in the Dubai Mall. Do you know how ecstatic I was when I heard this? Sweet, cheesy yummylisciousness only an hour away. And before you ask, YES, if I had a car, I would so make that hour trip just to get the popcorn, it's just that good. I've had friends wonder about my Garretts obsession. They thought I was crazy...til they tasted it. They love it, of course.

If you have never tasted Garretts before, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Chicago and Dubai are the only places I know of that has shops, but you can order it online. Watch out, tho. You just may become addicted!

14 comments:

NMRK April 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM  

I really enjoy reading your blog and this post made my day!!! I LOVE Garrett's Popcorn :) While living in Chicago I would gladly wait in line rain, sleet, or snow for a bag of cheese or Chicago mix! It's almost been a year since the last time I had some but I am glad that in a moment of craving some "yummylisciousness" you can get your hands on some Garrett's ;)

Unknown April 8, 2012 at 2:02 PM  

Thanks, Erin! Isn't Garretts yummy? I LOVE it!

Jeremy Bates April 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM  

I love popcorn as well, but have yet to try this brand. They do have some delish (my license) caramel popcorn here in the Philippines named Chef Tony's. It's inexpensive and compels one to devour the entire crate!

Unknown April 9, 2012 at 7:12 AM  

Jeremy, if you ever get to Chicago or Dubai, make sure you try Garretts. :D

Sharkbytes April 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM  

Learned something new. I don't live that far from Chicago, but I did not know what that mix was. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs this month.

Liwi April 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM  

I really enjoy your posts about Abu Dhabi! Never been there so it's great to hear more about it from your perspective. And that popcorn looks delicious, especially the caramel...I've been to Chicago, but I've never had it! A must try for next time ;)

nutschell April 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

Never heard of Garrets, but it sounds yummy!

Great A-Z post!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Wendy April 9, 2012 at 1:56 PM  

I knew Chicago had its own style pizza and hot dogs, but I didn't know they had a claim to popcorn too. So who says reading blogs isn't educational?? Visiting from AtoZ.

Think Positive, Be Positive April 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM  

Hi...I'm hopping over from the A to Z Challenge. Lovely post...good luck with the challenge!

Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com

Jolie du Pre April 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM  

I live in Chicago. I'm very familiar with the popcorn. Yet, I've never tried it. And - my sister used to live in Dubai. (Strange)

smug princess April 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM  

That's awesome that there's a little piece of home in Abu Dhabi!

Unknown April 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM  

Thanks for commenting! Yes, if you haven't tried Garretts and you ever get a chance, TRY IT! It's soooo good! :D

Anonymous,  October 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM  

I am sure the Garretts popcorn is good, I have never taste it but the way it looks and the way you describe it has to be that good!. I look forward to trying it one day soon. Now, I would like to say that a popcorn company here in Texas called POPARAZZIS POPCORN is number one in the WORLD, this place has real popcorn with over 200 flavors. They POP it likes it HOT!...lol

Anonymous,  January 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM  

Garrett Popcorn Shop opened in Dalma Mall, Abu Dhabi in November 2013!!

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP