Powered by Blogger.

C is for...

 Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Cars


One thing I've noticed here in Abu Dhabi is the fact that they are all about cars (among other things). I guess if you're worth $17 million, you can do that, right? I think I've mentioned before that it is said that the average Emirati is worth $17 million. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But sometimes, looking around, you'd think it is. Anywho, back to cars.


Porshes, BMWs, Range Rovers, Bentleys...you name it, I've probably seen it. All decked out, shining, tinted windows, etc. The men love their cars. And they love racing them, too. They have the Formula One races here on Yas Island, so I'm sure some of the men fashion themselves race car drivers. They sure do act like it. I'm always hearing them rev up their cars.


And they have an interesting system on the license plate tags, too. From what I hear, the lower the number, the more important you are. For example, a car with the tag # 33 would be more important than a car with a tag that has, say #436 400. The lowest number I've seen is a 10, which means that person was pretty darn important...part of the royal family, perhaps?


Here's a pic of fancy cars...




And now for Arabic vocabulary...


I don't know any Arabic words yet that, when written in English, would start with the letter "c", so I'm gonna do a "c" English word. Since I blogged about cars, I'll use that.


C is for car


car = sayara (sigh - yara)

9 comments:

Andrew Leon April 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM  

heh... Not much for beaches -and- I'm not into cars. I just want mine to get me from A to Z without using a lot of gas to do it. (see what I did there?)

Jemima Pett April 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM  

An excellent theme! I've not been to Abu Dhabi although I've been to a few other places around the Gulf. Looking forward to reading more!

Mel April 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM  

That's an interesting number system. I would constantly be looking for low numbers :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh April 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM  

Have you seen any Bugatti Veyrons?
Don't forget to remove word verification during the Challenge

Georgina Morales April 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM  

Wow, girl! You are very brave. I love traveling and knowing new different places so I'm really envious of you right now. Though on a nice way, of course.

I wish you the best of luck but I know you will succeed in every possible way. Keep enjoying yourself!

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
From Diary of a Writer in Progress

Debra Harris-Johnson April 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

I've wanted to visit Dhabi but heard it was very expensive. Do you like it? The cars are out of this world expensive.
dreamweaver

Unknown April 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM  

My son would LOVE this post. Wow, even your license plate says you are, or aren't, important. Never heard of that. Thanks for sharing.

ScribblesFromJenn
Happy A to Z-ing!

Alana April 6, 2012 at 3:44 AM  

Interesting to see your take on the challenge! My hubby wants to see Abu Dhabi one day, but I think the display of wealth might drive me mad!

Have you been there long? Do you enjoy it?

Unknown April 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

Thank you all for commenting. Alana, I've only been here for 8 months. I'm here for 2 years (more if I decide). I LOVE it. Not enough to make this my permanent home, but I love it.

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP