Powered by Blogger.

F is for...Free

 Sunday, April 8, 2012

I love that word. Free. 

Another thing that attracted me to teaching in Abu Dhabi - besides the beaches - was the benefits from the employer. I mean, an untaxed salary? Travel allowance at the end of each school year? Furniture/appliance allowance? Living rent-FREE in a high rise apt? Yeah, I was so there. I don't know what I expected when they told us they'd put us up in housing. It sure wasn't a high-rise apartment. I love my roomy, 2 bedroom home away from home. And I have an awesome view. My only bill is the cable/internet bill. We will eventually start paying electricity, but that hasn't happened yet. Here is a pic of my apt building...





So, yeah. Free is an excellent word!

And now for more Arabic vocabulary...

Febrayer (feb-brah-yer) - February

3 comments:

Mel April 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

I've contemplated looking for teaching jobs in Dubai, but have never really looked. How difficult is it to find something? It sounds ideal...minus the heat, of course ;)

Andrew Leon April 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

So there's a catch, right? You had to bargain your soul? Your unborn children? You know have artificial organs?

Unknown April 9, 2012 at 7:19 AM  

Mel, I went through a teaching agency called Teach Away. My process was easier than I thought it would be. There are other teach abroad organizations, but I'm not sure what they are.

Andrew, LOL! I'd say the only thing would be the challenges we face (this city is in the middle of an education reform). But, even with the challenges, my experience has been overall pretty good, so I think it's worth it.

Remember, Abu Dhabi is one of the richest cities in the world, so they can afford the benefits they give thousands of teachers. This place was the highest paid in all the other cities I looked at. :D

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP