Powered by Blogger.

Q is for...Quite An Experience

 Thursday, April 19, 2012

Despite the challenges I've faced while here in Abu Dhabi, I must admit: I'm totally enjoying myself. I've been doing things I haven't been able to do back home. I'm living out of my comfort zone and I'm loving it. For me, the good outweighs the bad. I would've have never dreamed I'd be here, thousands of miles away from my family, enjoying myself, living life to the fullest.


So far I've...


  • Met some awesome people
  • Attended a Janet Jackson concert...stood right by the stage!
  • Attended a SADE concert...all who knows me know I love me some Sade
  • Gone on a desert safari
  • Ridden on a camel
  • Camped out in the desert
  • Visited Morocco, one of the top countries on my "Most Visit" list
  • Moved into a high-rise apartment
  • Stayed several 5-star hotels
  • Visited the tallest building in the world
  • Held a snake without passing out
  • Ate at restaurants located in 5 (or more) star hotels
  • Swam in the beautiful waters of the Persian Gulf 
  • Learned more about myself
  • Learned more about God
And this is all in eight months. I so can't wait to see what God's got in store for me in the next 15 months. I don't know just yet if I'm going to renew my contract after my two years is over July 2013. Whether I do or not, when I go back home to the States, I'd be able to honestly say I've had quite an experience in Abu Dhabi!


And now for some Arabic vocabulary...


Qur'an - religious text of Islam


5 comments:

Tara Tyler April 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM  

you are an international diva! how was the safari and camel ride?

Mel April 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM  

So many awesome experiences!!

Unknown April 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM  

Thanks! The safari was awesome. It included riding the sand dunes (felt like a roller coaster), camel rides, Arabic music, and eating a traditional dinner under the stars. The whole thing was fun.

carol April 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

What an amazing list. I do admire you.

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP