Powered by Blogger.

W is for...Where Has The Time Gone?

 Saturday, April 28, 2012

I can't believe I've been here almost nine months already! Time sure does fly. The question that has been going around is: "If you knew then what you know now, would you have signed the contract?" My answer? Probably not. My first thought was I wish I'd known the whole truth about the struggles we'd face here. But then, I think, nah. I'm glad I wasn't told. Where I was mentally and spiritually a year ago, I wouldn't have signed up for more struggles. I was already struggling. God knew what He was doing. He knew I'd chicken out and not go.

I do not regret my move. I'm taking it all in, the good with the bad. I'm at a wonderful place in my life. Everything that has happened while here in Abu Dhabi is contributing to God's molding and transforming me. I'm not the same person I was a year ago. I'm better. Stronger. I've stepped out of my comfort zone and survived! Being outside of my zone isn't as bad as I thought. It's actually exhilarating. 


Nine months. Wow. I'm so looking forward to whatever these next 15 months will hold for me.

And now for some Arabic vocabulary...

wahed - one

4 comments:

Unknown April 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

Lol, I love your honesty. I've been reading the FB pages of the present and future EMTs and they can strike fear in your heart about the things that await in AD.
I just have to pop over and read your comments and I feel better bc I know that God is in charge.

Unknown April 29, 2012 at 6:00 AM  

Yes He is in charge. And you would be able to handle whatever comes your way cos of that attitude. :D

Arr May 1, 2012 at 8:16 PM  

Thank you for your candid responses. It should be said that it's NOT going to be a cake walk but there are great adventures in the midst of it all.

Unknown May 2, 2012 at 5:54 AM  

Agreed, Reginia! And if you have a great support system & healthy ways to relieve stress, you'll survive & may even enjoy yourself in spite of. I'm doing things I thought I'd never get a chance to do. :D

Post a Comment

I love reading comments. Let's talk!

About This Blog

This blog is all about my adventures while living in Abu Dhabi. Come along with me for what will be an awesome experience. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

Total Pageviews

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP